After a fresh install of Arch Linux on my Macbook Air 6.1, I’m not satisfied of the way the thouchpad behave.
The first think I have done was to install the synaptic driver. But I have some issues with it :
- When I use the mechanical clic, the curser move to the area I clicked. In MacOS X, when I does it, the cursor movement seems to be disabled. This is what I Excpect.
- Only scroll down and up gesture seems to work (with two finger).
- Write down the specifications
- Gather a maximum of information about this device on
- Arch Wiki
- Arch Forum
- General web research
- Device name
Globally, the goal is to have a touchpad working as in OS X.
- Click on tap
- No cursor moving when using the mechanical click
- Two finger to scroll down and up “naturally”
- Three fingers to move objects (windows), or make selections.
- If possible, four fingers to have something close to Mission Control.
One post ask exactly the same questions, if there is a way to have the same touchpad behavior in Arch than in OS X.